I had plans of making that Saturday the day we celebrated Father's Day amongst us three and was going to put together a few surprises etc. Jimmy ended up getting an earlier flight and landed at 11am that day as opposed to 2pm, so I didn't have everything lined up when he got back. However, I stayed up late the night before baking a Father's Day cake for Jimmy so I at least had that. I also managed to go to Best Buy with Brayden before we picked Jimmy up from the airport to pick up a few things for him for Father's Day.
The cake I made
When we went to the airport, Brayden was dressed in a shirt that said My Daddy Rocks and anxiously awaited seeing his daddy. We then all went to lunch together which wasn't really part of my plan but was fun nonetheless. Once we got back home, Jimmy and Brayden took naps. Jimmy's lasted longer than Brayden's so once Brayden was up we headed to the grocery store to get everything for the surprise dinner for Jimmy.
Waiting for daddy at the airport
Jimmy loves spam casserole from his childhood. I never had spam in my life before meeting Jimmy and prior to this day I had only had it once before when I made this casserole for Jimmy while we were dating. It had been years since I made it so I decided to surprise Jimmy with it. The casserole is actually not bad once you get past the idea that you are eating spam.
So, that night we ate spam casserole, Jimmy opened his gifts (Family Guy seasons and The Big Bang Theory seasons plus a gift Brayden made at daycare), and Jimmy and I watched a movie.
Brayden's gift from daycare
The next day for Father's Day, the three of us went shopping to get Jimmy some much needed new work clothes and to get Brayden some new toys that he can play with standing and then we went to my parents house. My poor dad had a bad cold so he kind of stayed away which was sad for Father's Day. By the end of the day, he was so sad that he hadn't gotten to hold/play with Brayden so he covered up just to hold him, which was sweet.
Playing with a new toy
My dad holding Brayden -- Brayden thought the "mask" was pretty funny/odd. He kept trying to pull it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment