One Sunday earlier in December, I was a little stir crazy and bored at home so Jimmy and I decided to go check out Indoor Safari Park, particularly we went there because there was a Groupon for it. Brayden had so much fun and particularly liked going down the slides into the ball pits over and over again. He also liked following the bigger kids through the passage ways and of course loved the train ride. I was a little unsure how he'd do on the train while we waited because we couldn't go in with him but boy how I was wrong to even doubt it. As soon as the guy opened the door to board the train, Brayden ran up to the first train car and climbed in and waved and smiled every time he came around and saw us.
After we played around for a little over an hour, we decided to try to go out to dinner, which would be the first time we tried to go out to dinner just us four since Kyle was born. We don't go out to dinner very often in general because Brayden's attention span for sitting still at a table is generally not long enough for what it takes to eat in a restaurant. However, our bigger problem that night was Kyle. He was still adjusting to eating from a bottle and sometimes got VERY mad if you gave him a bottle when he didn't want it. But we tried anyway. I pumped before we went in and just as we ordered our food I decided to try to feed Kyle and he lost it. There was no calming him down. After standing/pacing by the bathroom for about 10 minutes with Kyle screaming, we decided to get everything boxed up and go home. The staff was great about getting our stuff boxed up quickly with a screaming baby and thankfully we decided to go home because just as we were leaving Brayden started losing it too. He was very tired after playing that afternoon. Dinner was definitely a fail but we did really enjoy playing at the Safari Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment