Family picture

Family picture

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby Shower for Andy & Jennifer

When I found out my friend Andy and his wife Jennifer were pregnant with their first baby, I was so excited for them and knew I wanted to throw them a Dallas shower... so, in early July, my friend Lindsay and I threw a co-ed shower for them with our old college crew (centered around 4 guys we refer to as 211 who I spent A LOT of my college days with).  It had been a long time since I had seen everybody from my old college crew so it was a fun reunion too.  

For the shower, I ventured out to make cake pops inspired by a Pinterest idea.  The cake pops were delicious but boy were they frustrating and difficult to do.  Thankfully my friend Jackie came over and helped me put it all together including the foam "C".  They definitely weren't a perfect presentation as they were difficult to cover with chocolate but they were delicious and a big hit at the shower. 

Forgot to take a shower before the shower so this is with most of them eaten


I have also been crafting/sewing a lot lately (again a lot inspired by Pinterest - love that site!) so I made a few things for baby Charlotte for the shower as well, including my first venture at a ruffle.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I just old Andy and Jennifer to not look to closely at the stitching particularly around the letters I added onto the outfits.  :)  

For some reason I can't get this picture to rotate:

The ruffle butt on the Texas onesie:

The shower had 211, their women (minus Kelly, which was very unfortunate), plus Jimmy and I, our friend Jonny and one of Andy's oldest friends.  Since the audience was mostly guys, it was more of a get together and hanging out than a shower.  But, we did do one shower game which was pretty funny watching everybody participate.  We called it "Guess the Mess" and it consisted of smashed up chocolate candy bars in diapers that everyone had to guess what candy bar they were.  

We ended up staying there until after 10pm that night catching up and hanging out -- we brought Brayden and his pack and play and he was down by about 7:45pm.  Love that he will go down anywhere we take him as long as we have the necessary items (pack n play, lovey, paci, sound machine, blanket, pillow).  

Andy and Jonny watching the washer game and Cody grilling with Moses watching on

Brayden playing around the backyard

Jimmy and Mike playing washers

Moses trying to "guess the mess"

Jennifer trying to "guess the mess"


The parents to be -- they are due about a week and half before me

No comments: