Family picture

Family picture

Friday, October 12, 2012

Balloon Festival

In August, we decided to check out the Highland Village Balloon Festival for the first time.  It was much more interesting than I thought it would be.  The race came down to the last few seconds and was very close -- who knew a hot air balloon race could be so close.  We also enjoyed seeing the balloons and Brayden exclaimed many times "Balloon!".  :)  While we were there we decided to partake in a tethered balloon ride.  Now I can say that I've been in a hot air balloon and the tethered height was plenty high enough for me who is scared of heights. :)  Brayden also wasn't too sure about the ride but mostly I think it was because it's really loud in the balloon and since he had to be kept in the middle of the balloon he was right under the heat too.

Before our tethered ride





The final race... the yellow one ended up winning. 
 

No comments: