Family picture

Family picture

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hospital stay

Brayden was delivered at the new Flower Mound Presbyterian hospital and we stayed there from his birth early Thursday morning till Saturday afternoon. Thursday was a long day because we got pretty much no sleep the night before and we were interrupted quite a bit during the day on Thursday since they were checking on me every hour for the first 12 hours following the birth. We had our first visitors (outside of my parents who were there at the birth and came by every day in the hospital) on Thursday afternoon. My cousin, Katy, her husband, Tim, their son, Kayden, and my grandma came by. On Thursday night, Allison and Jay also came by and hung out with us for about an hour or so. It's always great seeing and hanging out with them. :)

By Thursday night, Jimmy was so exhausted and had been complaining about the bed/chair thing in the room that I sent him home to sleep that night. Although I would have liked Jimmy being there, that night was a great bonding experience for Brayden and I.

On Friday afternoon, my friend Jen from work came by to meet Brayden. Jen's son, Jenner, was born in September and I can't wait to get Brayden and Jenner together! Jimmy left the hospital about 3pm to get his tux and go to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for a wedding he was in on Saturday. My parents and brother came up and ate dinner with me that night. After they left Friday night, due to what I've decided was a stupid nurse, I had a breakdown. She made me feel like Brayden needed formula supplement because it had been a while since he had peed. I completely broke down and wasn't sure what to do since I am committed to breastfeeding Brayden. I called Jimmy and he immediately left the rehearsal dinner to get back to us. During that time, I gave Brayden 6mL of formula one time and then had another nurse came in later that night and basically she told me that the other nurse didn't know what she was talking about and that Brayden was doing just fine. He had peed and poo'd way more than the minimum required and he was just fine. Let's just say I was so mad at that other nurse for making me feel that way and getting me so worked up.

Saturday Brayden was circumcised in the morning (poor baby) and then we were discharged around lunch time. I absolutely loved the outfit we had to bring Brayden home in. Allison and I found it in Canton, TX and she got it for me for a gift. It was just so appropriate for Jimmy and I. :) Below are some pics from our hospital stay.

Brayden and Papaw


Brayden and my grandma


Snuggle time with Daddy


Jay and Brayden


Allison and Brayden


Skin to skin with Daddy


Brayden and Daddy


Jen and Brayden


The flowers and balloon my mom got us


Brayden and Uncle Michael


Michael, Mimi, and Brayden


AgHorn Brayden laying on a monkey of course :)

No comments: