Family picture

Family picture

Monday, November 8, 2010

Home sweet home

We headed home from the hospital on Saturday in our AgHorn outfit and all. :) My mom was at our house waiting for us when we got there. Jimmy pretty much had to leave right after we got home to go to the wedding he was in, so my mom stayed with Brayden and I that day and night. We had a couple visitors, my cousins Kelly and Katy. They got to meet Brayden but unfortunately I was so tired that I was passed out while they were at the house. My brother and dad came over and ate dinner that night with my mom and I and Brayden.

Sunday was really the first day that Jimmy and I had together with just us and Brayden and it was a good day. We tried the bouncer and swing and gave Brayden his first bath. Can't wait for more firsts and more time together with our wonderful son! :)

Monday (today) we took Brayden for his first Dr. appt and he checked out great! He is already above his birth weight, weighing 8lbs. 2.5oz. Also, we discovered, as my mom suspected all along, that the hospital did not measure Brayden correctly, since he was 20.5" at the doctor today. Since there is no way he grew 1.5" in 4 days I'm pretty sure he was actually 20.5" at birth.

Home sweet home




Mimi and Brayden at home




Kelly and Brayden


Katy and Brayden


First time in pack 'n play


Mimi, Papaw, and Gracie (Gracie and Molly love Brayden)


Tongue out


Swing time (we discovered today he much prefers swinging front to back than side to side)


Not sure what we think of the bouncer


Cuddle time with mommy


Cuddle time with daddy

1 comment:

Kathy Anderson said...

Shannon!! Brayden is so cute!! I hope yall are doing great and you are at least getting a little sleep :) I live his coming home outfit too!