Family picture

Family picture

Friday, November 26, 2010

1st Thanksgiving

Brayden celebrated his first Thanksgiving yesterday (whether he knew it or not!). We went to my parents house for a small Thanksgiving with just my parents, brother and us. Jimmy fried the turkey this year which was my family's first experience with fried turkey. It turned out great although it was very cold outside for cooking, but Jimmy never really cares about cold weather. We also had a ham on back-up just in case. :)

Brayden is getting much more alert and changing with each day. I weighed him this morning and he is now at 11lbs. He is seeing farther and focusing on things and staying awake longer during the day. We are still waiting on the first smile but I know it's coming. He is a pretty happy and content baby most of the time except when he's hungry or has gas. He also fights sleep especially right before bed time. Once he's asleep he sleeps good but boy he fights it. He's been sleeping around 4-5 hrs at a time during the night which is great! He had one stretch of 5.5 hrs the other night!

Brayden had his first outing last weekend. My mom and I went to run a couple errands and decided to take him with us. Although the pediatrician is overly cautious and said not to take him anywhere for 6 weeks, I decided that's not really practical or necessary. I mean it's not like I was going to let people touch him etc. So, his first outing he got to "experience" (sleeping of course) Ulta, Kirklands and Target.

Brayden also got to meet some very special people this week! He met John, Lana, Carly, and Tyler when they came over and brought us dinner (thank you!) on Saturday night. He slept through their entire visit, which he seems to do for most of our visitors right now. On Tuesday, he met his "aunt" Kelly and slept on her peacefully for two hours, and then on Wednesday he met Jonathan, Jacqie and Kate. Kate was very intrigued by him and was trying to talk to him during dinner, which he actually was awake and alert during. He wasn't quite sure how to talk back but it was cute nonetheless.

Well, I would blog more but it's about time for a feeding! :) I know not all people understand wanting to breastfeed but it really is such a special time with Mommy and baby. It'a also so convenient! There is no need to mess with making a bottle etc... it's there whenever he needs it! I love it and I know it helps a lot that he caught onto it right away and that I have more than enough supply for him. They say to introduce a bottle around 4-5 weeks so that the baby does not get too picky and will accept a bottle. Although I want Jimmy to be able to experience feeding his son, I will be extremely sad when I don't feed him. I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes in a week or so... :(

Below are some pics from this week...

Ready for his first outing and playing a little guitar :)


Dressed in our outfit for Thanksgiving


Even with A&M booties on...


Getting ready to fry the bird


Putting it in the hot oil


Brayden and Papaw


Turkey time!


Carving the turkey... notice Molly in the bottom corner waiting for droppings


Brayden woke up right as we were eating but he was perfectly content sitting in my lap while we ate... he actually fell asleep sitting there!





He changed into a little more comfortable clothes in time to watch some football!


The dogs wore themselves out playing with my parents dog all day!


Day after Thanksgiving sleep

No comments: