The boys were soooo looking forward to Vacation Bible School this year. Brayden remembered it from last year and was excited. We had gotten the music cd for this years' VBS and had been listening to it as well, so between Brayden's excitement and the music, Kyle was pretty excited too! Unfortunately the week before VBS we received a notification from the church that they were cancelling he family evening VBS session. I was heartbroken because Jimmy and I so enjoyed taking Brayden last year together for the experience and had looked forward to taking them both. However, the church was very accommodating and offered to have a staff member be their on site "guardian" for the morning session as long as I could get them to and fro. So, that's what we did. I was working from home by that week due to the pregnancy complications and the bathroom remodel. I dropped the boys off in the morning. I would then pick them up around noon (an hour early) and I'd have a packed lunch in the car that they would eat in the car on the way to school. Then, we'd get to school as their classes were laying down for nap. I was really worried the first day about how the boys would do showing up right at nap time but it worked out all week just fine. The boys loved VBS and I'm so glad we were able to make it work. Also, I'm so thankfu for the wonderful teachers at VBS for making their experience so fun and for sending me pictures and updates throughout the week!
Eating lunch in the car between VBS and school
No comments:
Post a Comment