We had planned to stay home for NYE 2014 and just hang out with our kids and have a low key night. We definitely kept to that theme but at the last minute (literally I think the day before or the morning of) I decided to make it a really fun celebration for the boys. We invited my parents over and I spent my lunch hour surfing Pinterest for all sorts of fun ideas. Luckily I get out of work early on the NYE and immediately headed to the stores to pick up food and decorations etc. We had a ton of finger foods to choose from and I made some chocolate dipped cups of milk for the boys as a special treat drink. We also had a balloon drop which I think we did at like 7:30pm for them. I had seen somebody post that Netflix or Amazon had a kids countdown that you could play on demand at whatever time you were celebrating so we did that before our balloon drop. After our balloon drop, the boys headed up to bed, my parents headed home and we were all probably in bed by 10pm. That's my kind of NYE these days... haha :)


Chocolate and sprinkle dipped cups of milk
Playing with balloons
Cutie
Messy dessert time
Pre-balloon drop
Happy New Year (at 7:30pm) :)
Balloon drop - it didn't work out exactly like it was supposed to but still fun!
This picture makes me laugh with Kyle covering his ears... even though he had been blowing the noise makers all night long since he wasn't in control of the noise it was too loud :)
No comments:
Post a Comment