Family picture

Family picture

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We are 95% sure we're having a boy!

Last week we went to the Perinatologist for the standard genetic test for Down's syndrome etc.  We didn't care so much about the test but we were very excited for the sonogram.  The specialists' machines are a lot clearer than the standard one at the OBGYN.  They are also able to tell sex at 12.5 weeks based on what the tissue looks like that will turn into the external genitalia.  According to the technician they are 95% accurate but according to the doctor he is 99% sure.  Either way we are most likely having a boy!  Jimmy was a little disappointed at first because he wanted a girl really badly but we are thrilled regardless.  His name at this point will most likely be Brayden [still deciding on middle name - maybe Lee] Scott.  We can always change our minds but Brayden has been our top name for some time and it is a family name on my side a couple generations back.  If we do end up falling in the 5% or 1% and having a girl then her name would most likely be Avery. 

As for prego me, I am starting to show as my pants can no longer be buttoned and people can visibly see the little bump, especially when I sit down.  To me it really just feels like fat at this point but I know it's due to baby.  I don't know how much longer the belly bands will keep my regular pants on but hopefully I can find some extra long maternity work pants soon!  Apparently tall women with 36" inseams are not supposed to get pregnant - well at least according to the fashion world.  

Also, yay for being in the second trimester!  Everybody keeps telling me that baby will be here before I know it but I am looking forward to getting to the point where I look and feel pregnant and can start registering and planning for baby... and then of course looking forward to meeting baby. :)  

No comments: