We were supposed to be induced on Wednesday, July 8th. I was SO beyond ready to not be pregnant and meet our little man. That evening after we picked the boys up from school, they went to my parents house for the night and Jimmy and I went on a little date night. We went to dinner and ice cream and then came back home to get ready to be at the hospital at 5am for our induction. At about 9pm that night when I was checking our bags for the last time, I got a phone call from the hospital. Due to the influx of in labor women and their staffing levels, they could not fit me in the next morning for the induction. To say I was heartbroken and upset is a huge understatement. I lost it. I cried and cried... I was ready and had my finish line in sight and then it was moved. They said they could likely get me in Friday morning... two. more. days! And, I wasn't confident in their Friday time either. I cried hysterically for probably a good 30 minutes or more. Then, I told Jimmy at about 10pm to get his walking shoes on because we were gonna walk the baby out. We went walking in our neighborhood for over 30 minutes but to no avail... I had to wait.
Thursday, the 9th, I took it easy and pampered myself and got a pedicure and still tried to get labor to start on his own but nothing. As of the time we went to bed Thursday night, we were still on for a 7am induction so again we got ready for the hospital and went to bed. At about 1am I was awoken by pain. I thought that was odd but I was able to go back to sleep for an hour or so and it happened again. Then the contractions were coming about every 20 minutes which meant I didn't get any more sleep because just as I'd be nodding off I'd get another one. So, by the time we got up to get ready for the hospital the next morning I knew I was in early labor. Either way induction or not baby Wyatt was coming on Friday, his due date, the 10th.
We got to the hospital at 7am and they got me hooked up and checked in. My doctor came by a little while later and broke my water and they started me on pitocin. The labor picked up and I got my epidural around 9am I think. Again, I maintain that epidurals rock and I don't understand women that don't want to enjoy their labor with no pain. :) The entire labor was pretty uneventful which was different from Kyle's where his heart rate kept dropping so we just hung out in the room with both of my parents while we waited. At about noon, they checked me and I was ready to go so we got ready to push. I think I went through 3 sets of pushes and out came Wyatt at 12:40pm! By far the easiest birth yet even though he was just as big as Kyle was at 9lbs 6oz, 21 inches.
My brother had gotten to the hospital just as I was pushing so after Wyatt was out and they could come back in my brother and dad came in to meet Wyatt. Then my parents and brother left to grab something to eat while I nursed Wyatt and Jimmy and I ordered some Jimmy Johns. :)
My mom was practicing taking pictures with the camera so she was ready for the big moment
He's here!
9lbs 6oz
Looks like his brothers
Meeting Papa
Michael and Papa checking him out
Mimi love
No comments:
Post a Comment