Once we finished Brayden's new room, we moved onto Brayden's old room which would be Kyle's new room. The room had needed painted since we moved into the house but we never got around to it. It had bright red ceilings and white gloss walls that were marked all over the place. I was so happy to be getting rid of the bright red ceilings. Kyle's room took us a lot longer to finish than Brayden's room did for many reasons. First I think there was more to do to get it ready and we took our time more because I think we had become slightly burned out on working on Brayden's room every day/night. But we managed to finish and get Kyle moved in. In total we did the following to the room (but I don't have any before pics!): 3 coats to cover the red ceiling, painted the room - of course I made it more difficult on myself by choosing to do a faux chair rail and two colors all the way around the room so that naturally took a lot longer to complete, I re-textured the walls in his sink area (was obvious there was wallpaper because there was no texture and they had just painted it with a high gloss white - I had done the same in Kyle's old room before we moved in but didn't get to this one), painted the walls in the sink area, Jimmy redid the closet and we/I painted the ceiling and walls of the closet. Kyle got Brayden's old furniture with the bunk beds bunked again (previously one of the beds was in Kyle's old room and one in Brayden's room). We also bought a new glider chair off of craigslist for his room because Kyle still loves to rock at night and the other glider was staying in the baby's room. He loves his new room and Brayden has gotten to sleep on the top bunk twice now (more on that later) and loves it too.



Jimmy did another fantastic job updating the closet. This one was just two bars across, no shelves as well. So much more functional with shelves - do not understand why builders don't put them in.
Hard to really tell in this pic but the walls look way better in here
No comments:
Post a Comment