Family picture

Family picture

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fire Station Open House

On Saturday, October 12th, the local fire station was having an open house event.  I really only knew about it because the boys' school is across the street from the fire station but it sounded like it would be fun, so we decided to go before the TX-OU game started that day. :)  It was a great event geared at kids and I'm sure we'll go again in the future.

They got hats :)

Brayden was not too sure what this lady was doing when she was putting on a temporary tattoo

We got many comments that "you can tell who dressed the kids today" because the boys and I were all in burnt orange.  But come on... it was TX-OU (and one that turned out WAY better than I expected).

Pretty cool... they let the kids spray the hoses



They were spraying these houses


Climbing into the fire truck.  Couldn't get him to look at the camera though...

But Kyle gave us lots of smiles up in the truck :)


Checking out the buttons on the side of the truck

Then, they had a Careflight helicopter come land at the event so here the boys were (Kyle unpatiently and Dada trying to entertain him) waiting for the helicopter




No comments: