Yesterday we went to the Double Oak Easter egg hunt. I was excited to see if Brayden got the hang of it and wanted to get him "practice" for his daycare one this coming week. Kidding about the practice but I definitely feel he is more equipped now.
The Easter egg hunt lasted a whole 4 minutes but luckily they blocked off a little section for toddlers so they didn't get run over by the bigger kids. The first two minutes of the 4 minutes Brayden stood there looking around all all these crazy people running about. He finally got the hang of it and started picking up eggs. We collected 7 eggs and that was all that we could get by the time he started, so we kept putting one of his eggs back down and he'd run over to it and pick it up.
After the egg hunt, we stopped to talk to some of our friends, and we were close to the Easter bunny that was there. Brayden couldn't stop staring at the Easter bunny and he'd occasionally say "hop hop hop" and point, but he was holding on to me pretty tight. I'd ask if he wanted to go see the Easter bunny and he'd shake his head very hard and say "Nooooo". The Easter bunny at one point started walking our direction and again Brayden grabbed hold pretty tight. I didn't force it because I have to admit the Easter bunny is pretty scary to little kids.
Our little bunny beforehand
This was him staring at everybody for the first two minutes
But then he finally got the idea... and yes, we were using a Walmart sack because we didn't have time that morning to get an Easter basket like we had hoped
No comments:
Post a Comment