Family picture

Family picture

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ducks, swings and misc funny things

The last couple Saturdays, Brayden and I have walked to the duck pond about a mile away from the house. The first time we went there I decided late in our run/walk to head that way and was not really prepared so we pretty much went, looked at the ducks, and headed back home. This past weekend, however, the pond was our destination from the get go so I took bread and we headed that way. I wish somebody had been with me to take a picture of us at the pond. We were literally surrounded by ducks everywhere. When we first got there I could only see maybe 5-6 ducks and they were the ones that immediately headed our way. Within 5 minutes there were probably 15-20 ducks around us. It was crazy and they were extremely close -- too close for comfort for me. So after a few pieces of bread, Brayden and I went to the playground to swing. It was Brayden's first time to swing in those types of swings. He's swung a handful of times in a swing that my parents have at their house. He was giggling from the get go once he got going. I of course didn't have my phone handy when we started. So, by the time I got the video below he was nearing the end of his giggles. You can still hear a few little ones in there but he's mostly distracted with other noises etc.

Just a really cute pic of Brayden in the jogging stroller :)


Looking at the ducks


Swinging at the playground

Random picture with Daddy after a nap by all:

Below are some cute/funny things Brayden does:

He crosses his ankles when sitting and playing:


He spins in a circle on his bum while sitting...



He goes "mmm, mmm, mmm" while he eats. The video below is not a great example because he was pretty much done and just playing by the time I took it but you get the point. Not sure where he got it from but both his teachers at daycare and we think it's pretty funny!

Brayden has been rolling and chasing toy balls for a while now, but I recently taught Brayden how to throw the ball. If I'm sitting on the floor he will throw it in my direction (*most of the time) and then he thinks it's so funny when I throw it back. Here is a video of him throwing the ball and getting it. Again not a great video but get the idea.

No comments: