On April 10th, Brayden was baptized during our 9:30am church service. We had a wonderful turn out of support and appreciate everyone that was able to make it! Of course we also love those that couldn't make it but were there in spirit.
Because Brayden's normal nap time and feeding all fall into the timespan of our church service, usual Sundays can be difficult but I was particularly concerned about Brayden being on display during that time. So, I tried to avoid that issue by waking Brayden up an hour earlier that day so to push up his schedule by an hour for the day. It seemed to work OK. Brayden took a mini nap before we left for church and we fed him just before the service. He was perfectly happy leading up to the service and did great during the baptism which occurred at the very beginning of the service. However, not long after the service started, he started getting tired and cranky, so I had to take him out.
Luckily for me, some of our friends who came to support us but were sitting at the back (so I hadn't seen them yet) also had one tired baby so when I came out of the sanctuary I had a friend in the same situation to talk to and catch up with while we put our babies to sleep (or I should say while Brayden passed out; my friend's baby never gave in).
After the service, we went out to lunch with our family and friends that could join us. We went to Bari's and had a great lunch. Brayden did great during lunch sitting in a restaurant high chair for the first time. Brayden also was very intrigued at lunch by Kate (our friend's daughter that is about 6 months older than Brayden). He kept trying to talk to her and reach out to her when my mom put him near her. It has become very apparent as Brayden gets older that he is a very social baby. He LOVES other babies/kids and always wants to "talk" and "play" with them. It is so cute how excited he gets at daycare when he is sat next to another baby to play. It always seems like the other babies just play with toys and Brayden soo wants to interact with them. Sometimes when I drop him off, I catch myself standing by his daycare room door just watching with a big smile on my face as I watch him try to "play" with the other babies. I put play in quotes because at this point there isn't a whole lot if any interactive play between the babies but is as if Brayden tries.
Below are some pics from the day. Unfortunatley we didn't get any good pics of the Baptism due to the angle that my parents were sitting in regards to how we were facing the congregation. Also, we failed to take a family photo that day as well.
1 comment:
We should get together sometime! Gracie is the exact same way at daycare...she is always the baby initiating the "playing"! Maybe we can get you guys and the Mayer family all together so the three babies can grab at each other!
Post a Comment