Family picture

Family picture

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The month of March

Can't believe how long it's been since I last posted - a whole month has gone by! So let's start where we left off...

Brayden went for his 4 month appointment in early March (he will be 5 months on Monday!) and here are his 4 month stats:
Weight: 15lbs 7.5oz (65%)
Height: 25 inches (55%)
Head circumference: 44.5cm (95%) - still rocking his big head :)

Earlier in March we went to the St. Patty's day parade with our friends, John and Lana, and their kiddos. Jimmy has been going to the parade with them since before we met so it's a tradition that we enjoy and hasn't stopped with kids. Here are some pics:

Daddy and Brayden


Jimmy, Brayden, John and Carly


Brayden and Tyler - Jimmy and Lana just happened to be standing close to each other and I don't think either of them were even aware that Brayden and Tyler were "interacting". It was so cute.


The past month has been somewhat of a blur. My friend Jen told me a while ago that she thinks about 5 months starts a really fun age and I totally agree! We have been enjoying Brayden so much lately. Not that we didn't enjoy him previously but he is getting so interactive and silly. He has learned to squeal and does it, along with talking and giggling a lot, all the time. Even the daycare ladies have commented on how talkative and silly he has been lately.

He is also impressing me so much with how quickly he's picking up his physical developmental skills. He is a professional roller now - he rolls from back to tummy and tummy to back with some scooting action mixed in. I am constantly impressed with how well he seems to get around his play gym thing - every time I look over at him he is in a completely different position. Also, in the last week, he has drastically improved at sitting unassisted. He is able to "right" himself when he gets slightly off balance without falling but he definitely is still not a pro. However, with how quickly he went from not being able to stay up at all to this I'm guessing he'll be sitting in the next few weeks.

Here is Brayden squealing:


Playing sitting up


Trying his new sunglasses on :)


He really enjoys our runs - he is completely relaxed or asleep by the time we get back each time


Sitting unassisted


Another new thing he's trying - holding his bottles. Unfortunately it makes feedings much longer because he likes to play around with it and see what happens when he moves his hands etc
(And for those curious, we are still breastfeeding but during the day he prefers his feedings from a bottle as he's gotten used to it with daycare so my pump and I are good friends. I'm almost to my goal of 6 months of BF'ing! There have been MANY times I didn't think I'd make it but I can't believe I'm almost there!)


Silly boy (wouldn't guess he was at home with pink eye and his 3rd ear infection of the month!)


Last weekend we went to a first birthday party for our friends' son. I think that party was the first kid's birthday party we've been to where we actually had a kid. It was fun to get together with all the kids around and we managed to get a decent picture of the kids with their fireman hats on. Brayden also enjoyed some of the older toys.

Brayden trying on his fireman hat :)


Beep beep!




All the kids sitting for a picture - Brayden had a little help holding my hand :)


The birthday boy


Jimmy and Kate swinging


Me and Brayden hanging out outside at the party



No comments: