We left for Crested Butte on the 4th and stayed for 7 days. We've been going to Crested Butte since I was 4 and it is by far one of my most favorite places on earth! Growing up we always drove to Colorado but the last couple years while it's still inexpensive (without paying for kids) and we have the air miles for free tickets, we have been flying which is really nice. This year Jimmy and I and Brayden flew up in first class. It was my first time in first class and I couldn't really enjoy it because I was so worried about how Brayden was going to be on the flight. I so didn't want to be that person that everybody dreads having on the plane because their child screams the whole time but Brayden did awesome. He didn't even make a peep. The lady in front of me actually didn't even know I had a baby with me until we landed and somebody commented about how great he did. She turned around just in time for Brayden to give her a big smile. Needless to say I was so thankful the flight went well.
I wasn't sure how much I was going to be able to get out and ski with Brayden but my parents are just absolutely wonderful. The first day I stayed in while everybody went out but then after that day I pretty much went skiing everyday. My mom stayed in the second day and my dad the third day to watch Brayden. We all took a break on the fourth day and unfortunately on the fifth day my mom hurt her knee so she babysat that day and the last ski day.
The snow was perfect and the skiing was fantastic! Although our last day of skiing a cold front blew through the night before and it was almost unbearably cold. I skied a half day on the last day and I couldn't even make it to the end of the day because I could no longer feel my fingers, toes or bum. So I came in early and got by the fire. :)
Like I said earlier my family has been skiing a lot and we've never had injuries but unfortunately our luck ran out this year. On the second day Jimmy cracked a rib due to an out of control skier clipping his board unexpectedly and causing him to fall funky and my mom tore her MCL on the fifth day. Jimmy's rib, although it hurt him, didn't keep him off the slopes though so the only one that really missed out unfortunately was my mom. But Brayden liked spending so much time with his Mimi.
Mimi and Brayden in Colorado. This was when we first got to our condo... this is in the lobby while we waited to check into our condo
Bear butt
I was not that great about remembering to take pics while we were skiing... this is my dad and brother one day
Me and my brother
Jimmy and I after returning our equipment the last day
Brayden watching football with the boys
Hanging with daddy
Sleeping on Mimi... he did a lot of sleeping on people while we were there
One morning I found Brayden completely turned in his pack and play
Thank God we took the bouncer with us!
The men in black in for lunch one day
My babysitter the last two ski days :(
The best family pic on the slopes we could get... we waited until the last ski day and my mom could only travel so far on her bum knee
Brayden sleeping in the booth at dinner one night
Our little family at Donitas (yum!)
Family at Donitas
The view from our condo
The family (minus my dad) outside our condo before we left
Our last lunch in Crested Butte :(
Jimmy was the only first class passenger on the way back... there were only 15 of us on the flight including Brayden
Mimi and Brayden on the flight back
No comments:
Post a Comment