Family picture

Family picture

Saturday, September 25, 2010

34 Weeks!

It's been a while since I posted and we are getting so much closer to Brayden's arrival. In the last few weeks, we have gotten most everything we need for Brayden's arrival off the registry; we took a breastfeeding class and a childbirth class; I finished hanging and arranging everything in the nursery; and we have added new baby items to our home decor. We also installed the carseat in my car. Pretty much at every turn these days Jimmy or I say something to the effect..."It won't be long till Brayden is actually in the swing or it won't be long till Brayden will be laying on our stomach while we lay on the couch... etc". I can't believe how close it is getting! Jimmy keeps hoping he comes a little early - I think mainly just to meet him sooner. Of course we want himt to be fully cooked but we are so excited about his impending arrival.

Brayden also seems to be less than thrilled with his increasingly tight living quarters. He has officially run out of room because he's kicking my ribs and punching my pelvis and makes it known quite frequently that he wants to stretch, which doesn't always feel so great to me. My mom keeps saying that the only other place for him to go is out. Since this is the biggest growth spurt for the baby I'm afraid that in the next month I may get stretch marks. I have gone 34 weeks without a single mark and it would really stink to get some in the last month but I know that out is really the only place left for me to grow. I guess we'll see.

Also, in the last few weeks, we've welcomed many new babies to the world of our friends. We are officially the next in line of those friends who are/were pregnant. Each time we go to see the new additions in the hospital I always ask Jimmy if he wants to hold him/her. Jimmy always passes... guess the first newborn he will ever hold will be his own! :)

Finished the nursery!








Jimmy put the swing together today while we watched football


Installed the carseat in my car - I can now only fit one passenger in my backseat because the seat takes up so much room.


The high chair we got from Jen and Jason - every night at dinner I always think about how it won't be long till Brayden's sitting with us!


We rearranged our bedroom and got the pack and play all set up in our room - right now we have a netting over it and foil on it to keep the cats out...

1 comment:

Jess, Ryan, and Melody said...

LOVE the nursery all set up! I can't wait to start getting Melody's room all together :)