Family picture

Family picture

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Having fun at home with all 3

In August, Kyle and Brayden started staying home with me and Wyatt a lot more.  We scaled them back to 2 mornings a week at their new school while we waited the 30 days notice to move them back to their old school that we loved and missed.  The first week home with all 3 was a bit terrifying and challenging but by the end of the month, we had found our rhythm and were having lots of fun.  We did a lot of fun daytime activities throughout the month including lots of play places, parks and splash pads.

We found a local church that has a great little play place was our refuge a lot of afternoons when we needed out of the house but it was too hot outside.  It was small and usually not crowded at all so it was not intimidating on my own and it was the perfect size that the boys were self sufficient in playing so I could feed or hold Wyatt at a table while they played.
 

One day Jimmy took off and we went to a much larger indoor play place that I knew I could not manage alone and one where Kyle needed help climbing.  So Dada and Kyle climbed together. :)

We also checked out a little puppet show at a local church with a couple friends one morning.  They boys thought it was funny and really enjoyed it.


And one of our biggest activities in August was splash pads!  Our good friends has one right outside their backyard that we went and hung out at one day.  It was nice because her and I could sit in the shade with Wyatt while the kids played at the splash pad and park.
 






After our day at our friend's splash pad, I knew we had to do that again especially in the hot summer so we found another one that was awesome and frequented it after.  It had a fully shaded area with lounge chairs for the adults while the kids played in the water.  And it was right next to an awesome and different park.  And Wyatt LOVED sleeping outside in the shade on the lounge chairs so it all worked out great for us.

 



The awesome park right next door to the splashpad



 


When we weren't splashing, we went to our favorite park early in the mornings...
 

 I had our routine down with a big umbrella for shade for Wyatt and I at the park

 

And we had our good friends meet us at the park one morning... 
 


And another favorite was Chik Fil A for lunch and play... 


When we weren't out playing, we were doing science experiments, painting, "work jobs", and eating dirt (dirt cup snacks) at home. :) 

Science experiment
 

 
 
 

Painting 

Work jobs

Dirt cups  


We had a great month and I had so much fun with my boys! 

No comments: