On Friday, September 5th, I had planned a surprise date night away for Jimmy to celebrate a big 2 year milestone for our family. He had no idea. I showed up at his office that afternoon to pick him up and we headed for our destination - downtown Dallas. On the way downtown he started trying to guess what we were doing and guessed everything from heading to the airport to driving out of town. I had arranged for reservations at the Reunion Tower ball at Five Sixty. We also had a hotel room downtown for the night.
The look on his face when I walked into his office...
Funny artwork from daycare Jimmy had in his office that I had forgotten about
Headed up the elevator to Five Sixty
I stayed close to the door... too high
Our friend and GM of Five Sixty who helped me arrange the reservations
Dinner on top of the city... so funny that I grew up in Dallas and since I could remember I wanted to go up to the ball and it took me this long but... I finally made it!
Sunset
After dinner we were trying to figure out what to do... we went to a comedy club in Deep Ellum which was a big disappointment and then we walked to a tattoo shop that was recommended to us. I had suggested tattoos because I knew Jimmy had been wanting to get his A&M tattoo redone forever and I knew he would never go do it for himself... so since this was his night I suggested it. He also got 2 hashmarks on the inside to represent the milestone.
And, while we were there I decided to join in on the fun! Always wanted a tattoo of some sort but never cared about enough of anything to permanently put it on my body... except my kids!
(my ankle - the picture is not super flattering of my ankle but you get the idea)
No comments:
Post a Comment