Family picture

Family picture

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oh how I've grown...

In the last couple weeks my stomach has definitely started protruding more and there is no mistaking that I'm pregnant now. I posted some new pics below.

This past week we took a tour of one of the local hospitals (Lewisville hospital). We had toured the new Flower Mound hospital a couple weeks ago and I thought for sure that it would be a slam dunk decision of delivering at the new hospital which was very new and nice. However, Lewisville hospital is in the business of delivering babies and I was impressed with a lot of their policies and procedures etc that I just don't think Flower Mound has established yet. And Lewisville had some nice features too, particularly their luxury suites.

At the end of the tour one of the ladies asked about luxury suites which I didn't even know such thing existed to be asked about. The tour guide said she would show us the suites and immediately Jimmy said there is no need to pay extra each night for these suites. But then, we walked into the first one and Jimmy's mind immediately changed. He said we are absolutely requesting one of these if we deliver here. haha They were very nice. They had a separate living area with a big screen TV for dad and mom had her own TV by the bed. Also, the living room area couch folded out into a full/queen size bed for dad and the bathroom was that of a luxury hotel. On top of that, the magic words were spoken to Jimmy - mom and dad get a steak and lobster dinner with the room. haha

Aside from the features and amenities, Lewisville has a level 3 NICU available if God forbid there is anything wrong with Brayden. Because of this feature, actually, my doctor won't let me deliver at Flower Mound unless I am past 36 weeks and there are no complications with my pregnancy. So, now Jimmy and I have to figure out where to deliver assuming all goes as planned with the pregnancy.

We also registered for childbirth and breastfeeding classes in September and set up an interviw with our top pick pediatrician based on feedback from others and my many hours of research online into all of their backgrounds. We will meet with him later this month. I'm hoping he lives up to my expectations so that we don't have to continue to look. :)

With all the preparations it is all becoming very real...so excited!



No comments: